Fill My Cup – a Water Initiative of Reach Beyond
PRESS RELEASE AND PRESS KIT
Over half the continent of Africa does not have proper access to clean drinking water. Access to clean water and basic sanitation can save around 16,000 lives every week. Reach Beyond is answering this clean water crisis by launching the campaign, Fill My Cup. The goal is to raise $12,000 to help provide the gift of health by building a water well in a small village in west Africa.
“No other single intervention is more likely to have a significant impact than the provision of safe water. BUT adding sanitation and hygiene to clean-water access raises the improvement in people’s health from 20% to 85% with a huge impact on human lives.” ~ Reach Beyond’s Vice President of Global Healthcare
Further information regarding this story and interview scheduling are available by contacting Darin Campbell at (512) 785-8350, or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the new Fill My Cup initiative, visit: https://reachbeyond.org/fillmycup or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/voiceandhands
The following photos and files are available:
- World Water Day press release
- Fill My Cup press release
- Fill My Cup logo
- Fill My Cup infographic
- Water Fact Sheet – sub-Saharan Africa
- West Africa Water Well Success Stories
- Photo 1: This filthy waterhole is the main source of water for the remote village of Doglokpo in Volta, Ghana.
- Photo 2: A young woman washes laundry with clean water from a well.
- Photo 3: A young girl carries water from a new water well in a remote village in Ghana.
- Photo 4: A young girl enjoys clean drinking water from a water well in a remote village of west Africa.