ICC Helps Hope Pregnancy Center Drive Awareness and Attract Support for Repurposed Planned Parenthood Facility
In 2015, Hope Pregnancy Center became the first pro-life pregnancy organization in the U.S. to own a former Planned Parenthood facility. The organization partnered with ICC to help drive awareness of its mission to minister to the whole person, providing free and confidential services, and to attract financial support from individuals, churches and businesses.
ICC Strengths and Assets:
- Strong relationships with churches, ministries and faith-based organizations
- Strong project management skills
- Rapport with upper management and line personnel
- 24/7 availability
- Ability to make major decisions and work quickly under tight deadlines
- Personal relationships with national and local media
- Access to online media contact databases
- Distribution capabilities directly to desktops of targeted, opted-in journalists
- Strong news writing
- Strong ability to build bridges between organizations and broker partnerships
Strategies and Tactics:
- Conducted an extensive national Christian radio show tour, specifically targeting pro-life radio hosts and personalities.
- Embarked on an extensive pitching campaign to reach national and local secular and Christian journalists
- Cultivated leads among influencers in the faith-based space
- Deployed an extensive social media campaign to drive support in the digital space, and engagement around the organization’s social media channels.
- Secured 26 interviews for the head of the organization, helping to drive awareness of the organization’s fundraising drive, and providing opportunities to reques support via financial donations and prayer; Outlets included USA Today, Fox National News Network, Citizen Magazine (Focus on the Family), Moody Radio, Daybreak USA (USA Radio Networks), American Family Radio, Lifeline with Craig Roberts and more
- Mobilized media and influencers to promote the story in social media, including Governor Greg Abbott, Texas Right to Life Lobbyist Emily Horne, Republican Party of Texas, Houston Chronicle, Texas Tribune, San Antonio Express and other.
- Leveraged social media to develop a relationship with the Governor’s office, aiding in publicity effforts.
- Secured 11,530,172 media impressions
- Efforts resulted in $66,135.71 in ad value
- Over 500,000 total impressions via Facebook and Twitter, resulting in over 1200 link clicks to the landing page, a substantial increase in followers and engagement.